Dental Implants in Mexico â€“ EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW
Cost of Dental Implants in Mexico
Procedure Prices are the same for everyone, there might be small price variation for different cases, depending on extractions, bone lose, infections, medical history, restoration options. Please see below different treatment estimates for different cases. Below this section you will find cost comparative options as-well and treatment scenarios.
Here are Different Procedures that might increase or decrease the price of your dental implants treatment. The Best Way to Get Accurate Pricing for Dental Implants is to contact one of our patient facilitators, they can give you a accurate estimate prior to your dental vacations with us. No Treatment Plan can be accurate until you have spoken to one of our doctors and had a full evaluation. We are very transparent with our pricing and understand that people are coming this far to save money and receive a quality treatment.
Price Comparison of Dental Implants between Mexico and U.S./Canada
Real Dental Tourist Patient that Got Dental Implants in Cancun
Reviews for Dental Implant Treatments in Mexico
Dental Implants Before and Afters
Most Treatments provided in two trips of 7 day stay in Cancun
Have a vacation and Save over 20K USD on your Dental Implants
Affordable Dental Implants without compromise
Why get Dental ImplantsÂ in Mexico
There are many benefits to getting your All on 4 Dental Implants in Mexico apart from savings thousands of dollars.
- Experience, expertise and innovation of Dental Implants more than 10,000 Treatments (visit our Before and After page).
- U.S. Licensed Dentist and Specialists in each area of Dentistry (visit Our Doctors page).
- Zirconia Implant Bridge – Prettau Full Arch Best Restoration Available (Prettau Zirconia Bridge).
- Largest Most Equip Clinic in Mexico, Not an Assembly line a Center of Excellence (3D Tour of Our Facilities).
- Protocols and Streamlined Processes for successful treatment in short time frames.
- Solutions for All Budgets and Cases.
- Written Guarantee and Warranty For Patient (Below).
- Proven success rates in excess of 93% – Full Mouth Implant Treatments.
How we Can Provide an Affordable Dental Implants Treatment
There are many benefits to getting your Dental Implants in Mexico apart from savings thousands of dollars.
We do not charge 3D CBCT X-Rays, Periapical X-Rays, Intra-Oral Scanning, Surgical Guides, Transportation from the airport and hotel in Cancun, Models, Medications, etc. We are not these treatments require a State of the art facility with specific technologies to do these treatments accurately in short time frames. If you are thinking about going abroad you must analyze that not all facilities have the inventory, kits, implants, equipment, protocols, 3D CBCT imaging, Surgical Guides to accurately provide these treatments.
Here at Cancun Dental Specialists we have the following equipment, technologies, apart from our dentist vast knowledge on these treatments:
- 3D CBCT X-Ray (Kodak 9300) – Allowing us to accurately see all anatomic areas and bone quality and plan implant positions correctly
- 3D Intraoral Scanner (Carestream CS 3600) – Allowing us to take impression by scanning patients mouth instead of the traditional â€śputtyâ€ť impressions.
- Implant Planning Software â€“ Here we use a couple brands Nobel Guide, Blue Sky Bio, OnDemand, Dental Imaging.
- Surgical Guides â€“ Using our 3-D Printers, 3D CBCT and Implant Planning software we can make surgical guides for a predictable outcome for implant surgeries.
- CAD/CAM Dental Laboratory â€“ Our Dental Lab is the best equipped Lab in all of Mexico. We can scan, mill, print in almost all dental materials, from a Titanium Milled CAD/CAM Bar for your Fixed Hybrid Denture or a Prettau Zirconia Superstructure.
Step by Step (Surgical Phase)
- Oral and systemic health assessment
- Facial esthetic evaluation
- X-Rays, Panoramic, 3D CBCT Scan (must for these Treatment all equipment In-House)
- Wax-up (important for a aesthetic outcome for your Implant Treatment)
- Informed consent (copy located at the bottom of page)
- Treatment Options (Restoration Materials, Implants)
- Treatment Alternatives (savings your Teeth?, Snap On Dentures, All on 6)
- Our Specialists always plan these cases with the most advanced Implant Planning Softwares
- Instruction and motivation on maintaining a proper oral hygiene (antibacterial mouthwash, such as Chlorhexidine 0.12%, is recommended)
- Record of maxillomandibular relations and occlusion
- Impression used for fabricating the provisional prosthesis
- Surgical template (guide) 3-D Printed in-office
- Medication – antibiotics (amoxicillin with clavulanic acid, administered for 5-7 days, starting 1 hour prior to surgical intervention) and sometimes sedatives
- Local anaesthesia is always required – No Cost
- Conscious Sedation is recommended for these procedures â€“ Certified Anesthesiologist $500 USD
- Pill Sedation – No Cost
- Nitrous Oxide (laughing Gas) $250 USD
- Â Choose what option is best for you
- Teeth extraction, bone leveling (Aveloplasty), removal of infected tissue
- Alveolectomy, when ridge crest is displayed during smiling
- Bone grafting procedures
- Implant number, position and design (diameter, length)
- Usually, first the mesial implants are placed and last the distal implants
- All on 4, All on 5, All on 6, All on 8
- Exposure of implant site – flap or flapless technique
- Bone grafting (socket grafting, with autograft and synthetic alternatives, with or without membrane)
- Abutments selection (angulation)
- Impression and record of maxillomandibular relationship
- Design – dental arch length (number of teeth, usually 12 per Arch)
- Materials â€“ Acrylic or PMMA
- Radiological exam
- Instructions for oral hygiene, diet (soft diet, for at least 10 weeks) and medication (antibiotics, analgesic drugs)
- Informing about the need to make an appointment if bleeding, pain, implant mobility, detachment or damage of the prosthesis occur
- Establishing the next appointment
- Design â€“ dental arch length (number of teeth, usage of cantilever extremities) occlusion scheme, fixation type as occlusal screw-retained
- Regular check-ups
- Addressing complications
Dental Implants Treatment Variations
There are many ways of treating patients depending on budget, preferences, medical conditions, doctorâ€™s opinion, bone quality, infections, treatment lengths.
Here is a list of possible other treatments that might be a good solution for you. We have a dedicated page to each type of treatment so you can learn the difference it mostly consists of how many implant will be placed and how they will be restored:
ALL ON FOUR
ALL ON EIGHT
FIXED HYBRID DENTURE
SNAP IN DENTURE
ALL ON SIX
SNAP ON DENTURE
MINI IMPLANT DENTURE
Why Consider Cancun Dental SpecialistÂ For Your Dental Implants
The All on 4 is a patented Dental Implant Technique by Nobel BiocareÂ®, it consists of placing 4 Angled Implants and a Implant Bar or Bridge for the restoration.
Finding the right Clinic for this treatment can be challenging, especially if it’s not in your home town or country, Clinic abroad can mislead you thru internet research. We don’t! We believe in Honesty, Quality and Excellence to all our patients. All on 4 Treatment are complex high risk are not to be done by any regular Dentist.
A couple things to keep into consideration when choosing a Clinic abroad for you All on 4 Treatment in Mexico are the following:
Dr. Irma Gavaldon D.D.S. M.S. A.E.G.D. is a graduate from two of the top Dental Schools in North America. She is a Graduate from U.N.A.M. Mexico’s Top University (Universidad Nacional AutĂłnoma de MĂ©xico), and she also reieved her A.E.G.D. (Advanced Educat in General Dentistry) from the University of Michigan a Two-years Program and her Master’s Degree in Restorative Dentistry also from the University of Michigan.
Surgical Guides, 3D CBCT Scan, Digital Dentistry
In order to be able to diagnose, plan and execute this treatment correctly Dental Offices need the following Equipment: 3D CBCT ExtraOral Panoramic X-Ray machine, (here at our Office we have a Carestream CS 9200 3D Machine), Intraoral Scanners, totally equipped CAD/CAM Laboratory. Surgical Guides are the future to implant dentistry, we were the first clinic in Cancun to implement surgical guides for our dental implant treatments.
Quality, Material, Sterilzation
Dental Implants in Mexico here at our Clinic Cancun Dental Specialists are done at international level standards. We work only with best brands in Implant Dentistry: Nobel Biocare, Straumann, Bicon, AB Dental Implants, Implant Direct. All brands have the same cost of $900 USD depending on the type of treatment we might suggest a different brand.
In order to get an accurate quote or estimate, please provide us with a Panoramic X-Ray, Periapical X-Ray, Treatment Plan and all pertinent information we might need regarding your case. Ideally, if you are coming for Dental Implants and what to be sure what you will need prior to coming please send us a 3D CBCT X-Ray, this way we can see, plan and have everything ready prior to your arrival. If you donâ€™t have this we will give you the treatment plan and estimate upon arrival and consultation with our Specialists. We are a Certified World Class Dental Tourism Facility, with us you are not a guinea pig we have all the knowledge, equipment, technologies to your treatment in a week time frame. Please contact to our dental coordinators for specific pricing questions and treatment time frames. Below are Before and After pictures, Patient Testimonials, Pre-Op, Post-Op and Price comparison on the treatments. Welcome and thank you for your interest in Cancun Dental Specialists and getting your Dental Implants done in Cancun Mexico.
We are Waiting For you Call.
Talk to one of one Patient Coordinators To find out How much you can save on your dental implants in Cancun.
Dental ImplantsÂ FAQ
Lost Teeth leads to bone loss, shifting, moving, changes in your occlusion (bite), Mandibular Joint problems, Difficulty in chewing amongst other problems. The problem with Dental Implants in the U.S. and Canada is the costs, with costs being approximately anywhere from $2,600 USD to $7,000 USD in the U.S. or Canada for a single tooth patients seek affordable solutions. The price of Dental Implants abroad ranged anywhere from $1,100 USD to $3,500 USD for each Implant. At Cancun Dental Specialists we have a set price of $1,500 USD for implant + prefabricated abutment + crown. This price includes like stated above free 3D CBCT scan that usually costs around $250-400 USD in the U.S. or Canada and at least $150 USD in Mexico. 3D X-Rays are needed in order to perform these treatments correctly, it is our responsibility to have all the tools and technology ready for your best treatment this is why we think itâ€™s unfair to pass the cost onto the patient.
Dental Implants is a titanium or zirconium biocompatible replacement of the toothâ€™s anchoring roots. Dental Implants are not the same everywhere, there are different techniques, companies and procedures involved.
At Cancun Dental Specialists we only work with internationally accepted Implants and Techniques.
There are literally hundreds of Dental Implant companies and all have their benefits. We work with the following brands of Dental Implants (in order from what we use the most to least):
- Nobel Biocare Replace
- Nobel Biocare Active
- Straumann Bone Level
- Straumann Tissue Level
- AB Dental Implants
- Bicon Dental Implants
We can also restore almost any brand and connection in case you and your Implants placed elsewhere.
Coordination Prior to arrival for all important information regarding your case.
Consultation at Cancun Dental Specialists:
Planning Stage: Depending on the type of treatment you chose or needed in your consultation will be the planning. All Implant Planning we do on our 3D CBCT Kodak 9300 Machine and Kodak Implant Planning Software. We also use Blue Sky Bio for the Planning of Surgical Guides which are later 3D Printed in office to ensure proper placement of the Implant.
Implant Placement: You will meet with the Implant Specialists and the surgery will last from 30 minutes to 1 hour for a simple case to 2-3 hours for complex cases. If you require sedation please let one of our front desk staff give you all the pre-op instructions and remember not eating or drinking at least 8 hours prior to sedation.
Healing: The process of Osseointegration takes around 6 months. After 6 months you can come to finish your treatment.
Temporary restoration: Please consult with one of our Specialists regarding immediate load or temporary restorations not all patients are candidates. We would not want to compromise or put at risk your Implants if you had infections, severe bone loss, thin or porous bone you might not be candidate for immediate load or temporization in Mexico.
Uncovering Implant: We use Dental laser and custom made healing abutments for uncovering your Implant upon your return for the restorative phase. This helps us in making a nice restoration.
Impression: One of the Restorative Specialists will take an impression of your Dental Implants either digital or the conventional way.
Laboratory: We have a state of the art full service CAD/CAM Dental Laboratory in office. We can make custom titanium abutments, custom zirconium abutments, E-max and many different restorations. We are the only facility in Mexico to have a fully digital work flow.
Cementation: Once our ceramist fabricates the new porcelain crown to exact specifications, we bond the crown to the abutment and the restorative specialist will place your crown.
Not necessarily. In order for us to be able to perform an All on 4 you will need an A1C level below 8.0. Please ask for a test through your regular physician or contact us for more information.
In most cases you will still be a good candidate for dental implants, however we assess each patient on a case-by-case basis. Please let us know if you are taking bisphosphonates and we will be able to advise you more specifically.
[Information to be provided]
[Information to be provided]
Traditional implant technology meant that many people have been told they are not a suitable candidate. With our new All on 4 procedure we find that we are now able to offer implants to almost 90% of patients who had previously been told they were not a viable candidate. Our All on 4 system uses the front area of the jaw which actually contains the densest bone. The unique way that the implants are angled means a much less invasive procedure with no need to enter the sinus cavity. If you have been told in the past that traditional implants arenâ€™t available to you contact us today for the very latest advice and information.
Getting Dental treatment in Mexico will require a little more than your common Dental visit back home. First, you will need a passport, flight, hotel. đź™‚
Almost all patients are candidates for Dental Implants, sometimes bone grafting might be necessary prior to the Implant placement. This could make your Dental Implant procedure a 3 trip procedures. This will depend on the bone quality and quantity and if you have infections, chronic deseases, etc. Most people are candidates young/old, teeth no teeth. A 3D X-Ray is neccesary for evaluating and diagnosing correctly all implant treatments. If on the 3-D X-Ray you have adequate amount of healthy bone the Implant procedure will be very straight forward and simple.
During the procedure you will feel minor if no discomfort. You can have the procedure either done with local anesthesia or sedation. I.V concious sedation has an extra cost of $500 USD. We recommend this for complex treatment. If you are getting an Implant in one site replacing just one tooth or maybe more local anesthesia is fine. Thanks to minimally invasive techniques and equipment sometimes the Implants can be done in as little of 10 minutes.
In our office we have achieved a nearly 100% success rate for Dental Implant placement. Very rarely an Implant may not take, but this can easily be resolved with a new Implant placement. Dental implants will feel, look, and function like natural teeth. People often tell us they canâ€™t even remember where the Dental Implants were actually placed in their mouth because they really look and feel like natural teeth.
[Information to be provided]
[Information to be provided]
[Information to be provided]
[Information to be provided]
At Cancun Dental Specialists we have placed over 5000 Implants since we opened our new location. We have a 95% success rate on Dental Implants, We get very complex cases and risky cases where sometimes Implants will need to be replaced or could fail due to systemic or other factors. Patients following aftercare instructions and taking care of there Implants like they would natural teeth will increase greatly the chances of success.
Dental Implants are normally done in 2 phases:
- Surgical Phase: Once the Implant is placed the patient will have to wait around 4-6 months before the Implant can be rehabilitated. The time in between visits is called Osseointegration, this is the process where the bone fuses to the Titanium Implants, giving it the needed stability to later withstand the masticatory forces.
- Restorative Phase: There are some cases where it is possible to complete the entire Implant process in one visit, which is called immediate loading. In these cases a thorough evaluation of the patient is needed and it is sometimes hard to tell if the patient is actually a candidate for immediate loading until the actual surgery. This is a procedure that can be better discussed with the Specialists after the physical evaluation so that you can know the probabilities of success.
We strongly advise you not to travel with large amounts of cash. For your convenience we accept payment by …
[Information to be provided]
Implanted Supported Treatment Alternatives
Some cases require more stability. In cases were we can place more Implants an All on 6 or all on 8 solution might be ideal for the patient. All on 6 Solution is the ideal treatment if the bone permits two more implants we highly recommend patients get them.
We use the Bicon System of Short Implants in order to take advantage of minimal bone levels and avoid vital structures such as the sinus or mental foramen, which usually require multiple visits.
Zygomatic Implants are Implants that are much longer in length than conventional Implants (40 mm – 50 mm), and are placed in the dense Zygoma bone or otherwise known as the cheekbone. The advantage of using Zygomatic Implants is that it eliminates the need for procedures like ridge augmentation (Bone Grafting) and/or Sinus Lifting, which would require more surgery and longer healing periods before the placement of the final restoration.
Mini Dental Implants in Mexico are a great option for patients that are not candidates for normal Implants. It is also a great option for the Snap on Dentures Treatment we offer. The Snap on Dentures treatment in Mexico is a one-trip solution were we will place either 4-8 Mini Implants and a Snap on Denture.
Dental Implants Before Coming to Cancun Pre-Ops
Inform yourself on steps to take for a successful outcome, please read the full instructions, Cancun Dental Specialists Thanks you in Advanced for being an informed patient
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
Smoking and Dental Implants don’t go together. Why did you lose your teeth/tooth in the first place. We know smoking can be difficult to quit but we insist that patients stop smoking at least 3 weeks prior to their Dental Implants. In rare cases we might ask you to quit sooner. Smoking can interfere with healing by constricting and decreasing blood flow all over the body which may prevent the wound from healing properly. Do not resume smoking after surgery until you are given permission by our Dental Surgeon.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
We know you will be on vacation and the all-inclusive bar might be tempting. Please try and stay away from alcohol consumption for a minimum of 5 days prior to your procedure. Alcohol causes increased bleeding, increases the chances of infection, depresses immune functions and may interfere with wound healing.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY (over-the-counter and prescribed)
Please check with your Physician about suspending any medication prior to arrival.
You will be instructed by your surgeon or patient counselor to temporarily discontinue certain medications in the weeks ahead.
Drugs containing ASPIRIN, SALICYLATES, SALICYLAMIDES or IBUPROFEN should be avoided for at least two weeks before and after surgery. Brand names are:
- A.S.A. Enseals
- Alka Seltzer Cold Medicine
- Alka Seltzer Effervescent Tablets
- Advil Anacin with ASA
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
It is important that you maintain a healthy diet. You will be on a soft mechanical diet or some form of a modified diet tailored to your surgery. It is important that you follow these instructions! It is a good idea to stock up on protein supplements like BOOST or Ensure. Various softer foods like well cooked pastas, eggs, soup/broths, and yogurt are also good ideas. We will provide you with a list of dietary suggestions in your post-op packet as well.
2 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
- All Aspirin and Ibuprofen products including the drugs listed on the enclosed insert.
- All anti-inflammatory drugs (i.e. Ibuprofen) used for arthritis. (Please consult your physician prior to discontinuing).
- All anti-coagulants.
- Vitamin E taken internally.
- If a medication is in question, call our office nurse.
2 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
- Take a Multivitamin tablet daily. Most multivitamins contain some form of vitamin E, however this is acceptable to take prior to surgery. We do ask that you refrain from taking additional vitamin E.
- Take Vitamin A â€“ 8,000-10,000 units, twice a day. This has well-documented beneficial effects on surgical healing and will also fuel your immune system.
- Take Vitamin C â€“ 1,000 mg., twice a day. This is essential for collagen synthesis, which is part of normal wound healing. Your need for Vitamin C will increase after surgery.
- Take Bromelain â€“ 1,000 mg., twice a day. (Pineapple enzyme â€“ from a health food store) This helps to relieve the swelling associated with surgery. Bromelain: This anti-inflammatory promotes healing.
1 week BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER procedure
- Eat healthy, regular meals.
- Eat 2 fruits and 3 green vegetables daily (per diet instructions).
- Eat a small amount of protein at each meal.
1 WEEK BEFORE SURGERY
- You may begin taking Arnica Montana
- Take every 8 hours as directed and continue for 10 days.
- Continue taking Bromelain as directed every 12 hours between meals. This anti-inflammatory promotes healing. As an alternative, eat fresh pineapple.
Arnica: Arnica Montana is an herb that grows wild in the Swiss Alps. Also known simply as â€śArnica,â€ť itâ€™s been used in Europe for hundreds of years for the reduction of bruising and swelling and to shorten the recovery period after a physical trauma such as an accident, surgery or injury.
Dental Implants Post Op Instructions
Please select a topic in order to see details.
Standards of good oral hygiene are critical for the success and functionality of the implants and restoration. The best way to prevent infection and ensure healing is to keep your mouth clean. Clean your mouth thoroughly after each meal beginning the day after surgery. Use a soft bristle toothbrush and toothpaste after meals and at bedtime. Use of a dental waterpik is highly recommended to irrigate underneath the denture to flush out debris.
Minimal bleeding is expected after this implant procedure. The best way to stop bleeding is to place a damp piece of gauze in the mouth and gently bite for 30 minutes. Rest quietly with your head elevated. If bleeding continues, use gauze for an additional 30 minutes. Pink or blood-tinged saliva may be seen for 2-3 days following the surgery and does not indicate a problem. Suture material may last 2 to 3 weeks and should be left alone. You will be asked to return to the office for a 2 week follow-up appointment. Any sutures remaining at that time may be removed at the surgeonâ€™s discretion. Do not pull or cut the sutures yourself.
Swelling is the bodyâ€™s normal reaction to surgery and healing. The swelling will not become apparent until 24 hours after surgery and will not reach its peak for 2-3 days. After this time, the swelling should decrease but may persist for 7-10 days. Swelling may be minimized by the immediate use of ice packs. Apply the ice packs to the outside of the face 20 minutes on and then 20 minutes off while awake for the first 24 hours.
Unfortunately, most oral surgery is accompanied by some degree of discomfort. If you do not have an allergy to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil) we recommend taking this prior to the local anesthetic wearing off. More severe pain may require a narcotic pain medication. Narcotic pain medication will make you drowsy, do not drive or operate mechanical machinery while taking the prescription. Alternate Ibuprofen (2 tablets / 200mg each) and the narcotic medication every two hours if needed. Once you feel like you can stop the narcotic, use Ibuprofen or Tylenol. You may also be prescribed an antibacterial mouth rinse which should be used twice daily in the first two weeks following implant surgery. Post-operative antibiotics should be taken as directed and always take entire course of the prescription. All medications should not exceed the recommended dosage.
After General anesthetic or I.V. sedation, start with liquids. While numb, patients should avoid hot liquids or foods. Your food intake will be limited for the first few days, compensate for this by increasing your fluid intake. We recommend high protein shakes/smoothies (Ensure, Special K, etc.) as meal replacement supplements. Patients are restricted to a SOFT CHEW diet for the first 6 weeksâ€¦ if food cannot be easily cut with a forkâ€¦ DO NOT eat it!
For the first 48 hours you should rest and relax with no physical activity. After 48 hours, you may resume activity as tolerated.
- Ice Cream
- Scrambled Eggs
- Cream of Wheat / Oatmeal
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cottage Cheese
- Ice Chips
- Smoothies / Protein Shakes
Add Soft Foods When Numbness is Gone / Increase Diet as Tolerated
- If the corners of your mouth are stretched, they may dry and crack. Your lips should be kept moist with an ointment such as Vaseline.
- Sore throats and pain when swallowing are not uncommon. The muscles get swollen and the normal act of swallowing can become painful. This will subside in 2 to 3 days.
- Stiffness of the jaw muscles may cause difficulty in opening your mouth for a few days. Do not force your mouth open. Massage the muscles and apply moist heat.
- With upper jaw implant treatment, you may develop bleeding from the nose. This is usually a temporary finding and will not persist past 2 to 3 days. Avoid blowing your nose for several days.
- An appointment with your general dentist may be needed within a few days of surgery to make any adjustments to your temporary denture.
- Your case is individual as no two mouths are alike. Discuss all questions or concerns with your oral surgeon or implant coordinator.
Dental ImplantsÂ Guarantee
If a Dental Implant fails, we will replace it at no charge.
The following situations are causes of exclusion in guarantee:
- Patients with previous infections in that area.
- Smokers, Uncontrolled systemic health problem, such as, but not limited to; Diabetes, autoimmune disorders, severe osteoporosis, or any condition required long steroid use. If smoking or a medical condition is suspected as the cause of implant failure or other complication that requires treatment, an examination and blood tests will be required for warranty to apply.
- Patients that donâ€™t come for minimum of 7 Days surgical phase and 10 Days Restorative Phase
- Patients that defamation line us online
- Patients that didnâ€™t have the maintenance done yearly
- Prefabricated Teeth Popping off (Fixed Hybrid Acrilic)
- Restorations done elsewhere
- Implants placed elsewhere
- Payment of Full cost of Treatment with no discounts equal to 10% of the treatment
- Patient come back at least once to have their Restoration maintained and checked
- We do not cover Flight and Airfare, Will can cover Hotel at Sotavento, Flamingo, NYX Hotel, Grand Royal Lagoon, BeachScape Kin Ha, Villas Marlin depending on Availability
Guarantee 100% against component failure.
That liability rests with my selection of manufacturer.
In order to keep this guarantee in effect, you must agree to the following:
– You will allow us to perform the necessary therapy, in conjunction with your restorative dentist, to eliminate your oral health problems, and restore your bite.
– If it is determined that you â€śclenchâ€ť or â€śgrindâ€ť your teeth, you will allow your restorative dentist or us to fabricate a bite appliance for you.
– You will wear any necessary bite appliance as prescribed.
– You will be faithful to the checkup and cleaning schedule which your restorative dentist and we feel is most appropriate to ensure your long term oral health.
– You will not smoke. This implant warranty is void for smokers.
If you agree to and abide by the provisions of this warranty, the warranty will remain in effect for your lifetime. However, should you violate one of the provisions listed above, the warranty will be void.
A lifetime guarantee cannot be offered on implant supported overdentures or hybrid or fixed bridgework, as such prostheses often require replacement of worn teeth over time. Tooth replacement in these instances does not require implant removal or replacement.
Dental implant is not fit and forget and is affected by the home care, the health of the surrounding tissue and the prognosis of the remaining dentition. Yearly inspection is necessary. For the peace of mind, patients can take out private dental insurance cover for the implant treatment for the first few years. After 5 years, the chance of failure is very remote. My own implant has been in function for 20 years !
Dentists are not likely to do something which are going to fail! I can only tell my patients that the implant treatment will be carried out with my best ability, using the current knowledge and technology. But with the biologic and science, we are always dealing with probability and there is always a chance of failure, no matter how small.
Dental Implants Contraindications
This treatment alternative basically has the same contraindications as all Implant based restorations, mainly in relation to the risks associated to surgical procedures. Even so, there are few absolute contraindications (e.g., recent myocardial infarction, stroke, cardiovascular surgery, and transplant; profound immunosuppression; radiotherapy or bisphosphonate use), the degree of disease-control being far more important than the nature of systemic disorder itself . Additionally, there are complications or behavioral aspects that may increase the treatment failure or complication rate, which should be acknowledged (e.g., diabetes, oral hygiene status, smoking, decreased frequency of using the dental services).
Using this specific treatment concept is limited to cases with severe ridge resorption in the anterior region of the jaws, in patients for whom extensive bone grafting procedures are not an option.
SomeÂ serious general conditionsÂ make anesthesia, surgical procedures and the overall placement inadvisable.
- Heart diseases affecting the valves, recent infarcts, severe cardiac insufficiency, cardiomyopathy
- Active cancer, certain bone diseases (osteomalacia, Pagetâ€™s disease, brittle bones syndrome, etc.)
- Certain immunological diseases, immunosuppressant treatments, clinical AIDS, awaiting an organ transplant
- Certain mental diseases
- Strongly irradiated jaw bones (radiotherapy treatment)
- Treatments of osteoporosis or some cancers byÂ bisphosphonates
Other situations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Most often, dental implants can only be placed (with the greatest caution) after some preliminary treatments.
- Diabetes (particularly insulin-dependent)
- Angina pectoris (angina)
- Significant consumption of tobacco
- Certain mental diseases
- Certain auto-immunes diseases
- Drug and alcohol dependency
- Children: not before the jaw bones have stopped growing (in general 17-18 years).
- On the other hand, advanced age does not pose problemsÂ if the patientâ€™s general condition is good.
Some conditions or physiological changes, usually inside the mouth cavity, may temporarily prevent the placement of dental implants. Most of the times, these conditions can be remedied before the implants are inserted in the jawbone.
There is insufficient bone to support the implants or bone structure is inadequate (due to some chronic infections or other conditions). To ensure a good prognosis, a dental implantÂ must be surrounded by healthy bone tissue.
A dental implant must be surrounded by healthy bone tissue (with red)
Important anatomical structures such as the maxillary sinus, the inferior alveolar nerve (located inside the mandible), have an abnormal position that can interfere with the dental implants.
Lowering of the maxillary sinus
Adjunctive surgical proceduresÂ have to be performed before the placement of dental implants. These procedures aim to increase the amount of bone, so more bone is available to support the implants.
- Some local diseases of the oral mucosa or alveolar bone can temporarily prevent the placement of dental implants until the conditions are treated.
- Hypersensitivity or other allergic reactions ; rarely occurs.
- Poor oral hygiene.
- Bruxism or involuntary grinding of the teeth.
Dental Implants Complications
Surgical Complications – Interim Prosthesis – Final Restoration
This treatment option basically has the same complications with any immediately loaded fixed implant prosthesis. Some aspects, mainly related to Sky Fast & Fixed particularities will be highlighted.
The acrylic interim prosthesis can fracture, this occurring mainly after the ten week period of recommendation of eating soft diet, when patients fell confident to chew harder food. If unmanaged, it can lead to implant failure, due to the alteration of the splinting process. Therefore, the interim prosthesis should not be reinforced, because it may mask the fracture and delay the patientâ€™s addressing to the dental office.
If chipping of the ceramic of the definitive prosthesis occurs, this being a relative frequent complication, the interim prosthesis can be used for the time needed for laboratory repairing.
One important risk factor for all implant prosthesis, including this treatment option, that is linked to sometimes severe complications, is the correctness of the registration of maxillomandibular relations (respecting the coincidence of maximal intercuspal position and centric relation, and the functional vertical dimension of occlusion). Acknowledging that, in a dentate patient with posterior occluding teeth it is recommended their preservation until after the interim prosthesis is manufactured, in order to ensure a correct registration.
Our ImplantÂ Warranty
Our implant success rates are so predictable that we can offer an unprecedented 5 year implant warranty (some conditions and limitations do apply).
5 year dental implant warranty program *
Your Implant will work or we will remove it and replace it â€“ absolutely free.
Many surgeons will offer this courtesy, but few will do so in writing. In addition, in those rare instances when an implant does fail, corrective surgery such as bone and/or soft tissue grafting is often needed. Most surgeons will charge extra for this service, even though the cause of the failure is commonly due to their own surgical error. If we have to remove one of our implants, not only will we replace is absolutely free, but any corrective procedures required will also be performed at no cost.
Your Implant will remain healthy and functional for 5 years or we will fix it â€“ absolutely free.
Although uncommon, implants can develop problems. This includes loss of bone or gum because of uncontrolled gum disease, overload, or other reasons.
Conditions and Limitations*
If an implant fails to integrate we will replace it at no cost, one time only. An annual implant examination including x-rays or regular dental cleanings in our office is an absolute requirement for this warranty to apply. This warranty does not apply to smokers or to persons who have, or who develop, an uncontrolled systemic health problem, such as, but not limited to, diabetes, autoimmune disorders, severe osteoporosis, or any condition requiring long term steroid use. This warranty does not apply if an implant has failed due to an accident (car accident, etc). If smoking or a medical condition is suspected as the cause of implant failure or other complication that requires treatment, a medical examination and appropriate blood tests will be required for this warranty to apply.
Dental Clinic will have a written policy or offer a guarantee on itâ€™s work. We do it because we believe you are making the choice of a reputable clinic that will guarantee our work. We want you to feel our treatment is worth what you are investing.
Our initial treatment plan is aiming for a long term cure of past dental problems. Cancun Dental Specialists will guarantee our work as follows:
Fixed restorations:Â 5 years.
Terms of the Dental Guarantee: We request the patient notify us in Email as soon as they are aware of a dental situation occurring. Cancun Dental Specialists requests that patients return to the Clinic for annual dental check-upÂ during the guarantee period. If this is not possible the patient should visit a local dentist for an exam andÂ cleaningÂ once a year during the guarantee period.
Implant Dental Guarantee: We will guaranteeÂ our implantsÂ 100% for a period of 10 years. Our success rate is near 100% it is lower for cases involving extensiveÂ bone grafting. Our dental surgeon will discuss your case with you and provide some understanding because a cases may be less than 100% when the following occurs:
- Extensive bone grafting required
- Immune disease, diabetes, several bone condition
- Undiscovered health issues such as high cholesterol or insufficient insulin
We will make a thorough assessment for you.
We do require that the implant to implant teeth should:
- Consider use of metal surfaces to prevent fracture of ceramic
- Have a bitesplint made to protect crowns from ceramic fracture during the night
All-on-4 Zirconia: Limited Lifetime *
During the dental implant warranty term of your prosthesis, we will replace or repair, free-of-charge, any break, crack, fracture, flaw in workmanship or porcelain de-bonding (if applicable).
However, we will not repair or replace the prosthesis, free-of-charge, due to any of the following: loss, discoloration, excessive wear (for example, excessive grinding of teeth), inappropriate use (for example, any use not prescribed by the Prothodontist), neglect or abuse. Defects or damages resulting from any service adjustments or alterations of your prosthesis by someone other than an authorized TurningPoint representative, are excluded from coverage under our dental implant warranty agreement and will render it null and void.
* Lifetime of the patient. In the event the product is discontinued by either TurningPoint and/or its suppliers, the limited lifetime warranty shall apply for a period of 10 years after the announcement that the product has been discontinued.
All-on-4 Acrylic: 2-Year Warranty
During the 2-Year dental implant warranty term of your denture or acrylic bridge, we will repair, free-of-charge, any break, crack or fracture, or replace free of charge, any tooth loss due to flaw in workmanship.
However, we will not reconstruct, repair, reline or replace the denture or acrylic bridge, free-of-charge, due to any of the following: loss, discoloration, excessive wear (for example, excessive grinding of teeth), inappropriate use (for example, any use not prescribed by the Prothodontist), neglect or abuse. Defects or damages resulting from any service adjustments or alterations of your denture or acrylic bridge by someone other than an authorized representative, are excluded from coverage under our dental implant warranty agreement and will render it null and void.