Most of the people have bad breath troubles thanks for different types of food or substances like cigarettes, alcohol or coffee. In this note you will know more about the causes and prevention to stop this problem.
Bad breath affects my life?
The answer is yes, but not like a disease. Bad breath medically called Halitosis as a result of poor dental health habits and sometimes is a sign of other health problems.Â Bad breath also made worse by different types of food and unhealthy lifestyle habits.
All that you eat affect your breath, if you eat food with strong odors â€“such as garlic or onions- and then you brushing and flossing, merely covers up the odor temporally. The odor just goes away until the food have passed through your body. Have an excellent dental hygiene is important to your health. If you donâ€™t brush and floss your teeth daily, all the rest of the food can remain in your mouth and causes the bacterial plaque around the gums and the tongue. Smoking or chewing tobacco is another cause for bad breath troubles, your teeth change his color, reduce your ability to taste food and irritate your gums. Â If you change your dental habits and the bad breath or bad taste persist, maybe is a warning sign of gum disease, if you donÂ´t know what is a gum disease, please check our note The most common gum disease for more information.
How to prevent bad breath?
If you want to stop bad breath you can practice of a few simple steps at home
- Advanced oral care products; Use oral products such as mouthwashes and toothpastes can be effective in fighting bad breath.
- Proper oral care; You need to take care your oral health, brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day, be sure that the toothbrush that you use have a soft bristle, thatâ€™s why gums are very sensible and also use a fluoride toothpaste. Brushing your teeth prevent the bacterial plaque and bad breath.
- Eat fibrous fruits and vegetables; Eat an apple a day, is one of the best way to remove the bacteria in the mouth.
Check this recommendation to prevent bad breath
- Eat foods rich in fiber
- Use mouthwash
- Drink green and black natural teas
- Avoid drying medication
- Avoid products with sodium lauryl sulfate or alcohol
- Clean your mouth after eating meat, fish or dairy products
- Stop smoking
- Drink water
Smile and talk with confidence. Your oral health depends of you. ItÂ´s time to take care of your personal hygiene.