All on 4 Mexico
Here is a Guide to getting your All on 4 treatment with Cancun Dental Specialists. Most aspects of your Dental vacation will be covered. Please call in and let us know more about your case 1 888 231 8041. In order to give you correct information pertaining to your case, we would need your Medical History, X-Rays, Treatment Plan if available, if not Contact our Dental Coordinator Before Coming to Cancun. Below are the most frequently asked questions on pricing, treatment scenarios, aftercare. Please read it so that you are well informed of how we provide the All on 4 treatment for you and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Contents for All On 4 Mexico
- 1 All on 4 Mexico
- 1.1 Real Dental Tourist Patients that got All on 4
- 1.2 All on 4 Before and Afters
- 1.3 All on 4 Cost
- 1.4 All on 4 Cost Comparison
- 1.5 Average Cost of All on 4 Dental Implants in Mexico
- 1.6 All on 4 Teeth Options
- 1.7 Teeth in a Day
- 1.8 Why get All on 4 in Mexico
- 1.9 How we Can Provide an Affordable All on 4 Treatment
- 1.10 Treatment Process
- 1.11 All on 4 Treatment Variations
- 1.12 What Implants do we use
- 1.13 Dental Implants Guarantee
- 1.14 All on 4 Contraindications
- 1.15 All on 4 Complications
- 1.16 Our Implant Warranty
- 1.17 Implanted Supported Treatment Alternatives
- 1.18 Save up to 70% We Can Help You!
Real Dental Tourist Patients that got All on 4
Please watch what our patients have to say regarding their All on 4 treatment
All on 4 Before and Afters
Most Treatments provided in two trips of 7 day stay in Cancun
Have a vacation and Save over $20,000 USD on your All on 4
Affordable All on 4 without compromise
All on 4 Cost
Procedure Prices are the same for everyone, there might be small price variation for different cases, depending on extractions, bone lose, infections, medical history, restoration options. Please see below different treatment estimates for different cases. Below this section you will find cost comparative options as-well and treatment scenarios.
ALL ON 5
All on 4 Cost Comparison
When shopping around for All on 4 Treatment it is important to take something into consideration.
- What Implants Will be Used?
- How is the Restoration Manufactured?
- What are the dentist’s qualifications?
- How long and How Many All on 4 procedures have the dentists done
- Is the Dentist certified in dental implants?
- Is the dentist certified on All on 4 Procedures?
- Stock, Inventory, Facilities, Sterilization, Protocols are very important as-well
Implant supported treatments change because mostly of 3 things.
- Amount of Available Bone
- Number of Implants Required
- Type of Restoration Needed
All on 4 Teeth Options
We offer 3 permanent restoration options for your All on 4 procedure and 1 temporary restoration, Most Facilities only offer 1 Kind of Restoration, Find out the benefits of each types of restoration. From Fixed Hybrid Dentures to Prettau Full Arch Zirconia Bridge. Not one restoration is better than another, if one was better than the others it would be the only one we would offer but the truth the all have pros and cons. Below we will explain the different restoration options for your case and why one might be better than another for your specific case.
Composite Full Arch Restoration
(Custom Milled PEEK Substructure)
|Longevity 2 – 8 years|
|Warranty 2 years|
|Fracture Resisance Medium|
|Wear Resistance Medium|
|Stain Resistance Low|
|Time Need in Cancun 7 days|
|Years in the Market 5 years|
A modified polyetheretherketone (PEEK) implant framework material in combination with prefabricated high-impact Phonares Teeth or Custom Layered Composite Teeth is a great option for All on 4 Teeth. One of the Main advantages of the PEEK Framework is it’s elastic qualities. The Reduces the bite force, protecting the implants and the opposing teeth. PEEK is Extremely Bio-compatible and Meets the FDA standards. Long- Term Clinical Evidence for these treatments is still required before it being offered as the primary choice of restoration for all on 4 treatments.
Fixed Hybrid Denture
(Custom Milled Titanium CAD/CAM Bar)
|Longevity 2 – 6 years|
|Warranty 2 years|
|Fracture Resisance Medium|
|Wear Resistance Low|
|Stain Resistance Medium|
|Time Need in Cancun 7 days|
|Years in the Market 40 years|
The All on 4 Treatment was originally designed with Fixed Hybrid Restorations, This Restoration has been in place for over 40 years, The Acrylic, The Teeth, The Cad-cam Bars, The Connectors, and Implants have all improved over time. For Teeth The for your Fixed Hybrid we use Phonares Teeth, among many other high quality teeth.
(Zirconia SuperStructure With Emax Porcelain)
|Longevity 2 – 12 years|
|Warranty 4 years|
|Fracture Resisance High|
|Wear Resistance High|
|Stain Resistance High|
|Time Need in Cancun 9 days|
|Years in the Market 15 years|
These Restorations are also commonly known as Zirconia Superstructures, Zirconia Hybrid Denture, Prettau Zirconia Bridge, The Main Advantage to The Prettau Frame Work is the resistance to wear,Fracture and staining. We Prefer a Zirconia Vs a Porcelain Bridge because of the resistance. If you are interested in a layered porcelain implant bridge we can do this as-well but please consider the risks of the porcelain fracturing. The Prettau Bridge when applicable is the best type of restoration available for someone that wants the least maintenance possible. Full Contour Zirconia Also Known as Monolithic Zirconia Is the most recommendable option to patients.
Teeth in a Day
The Temporary Restoration is for when the procedure is done with the so called “Immediate Load” or “Teeth in a Day”. This Temporary Restoration is Fixed onto the implant right after the surgery or the days after the surgery. This restoration is done with 4 Temporary Multiunit Copings Attached to a Denture, This denture is then fixed and attached to these Temporary Copings. If the implant did not torque enough, infections where present, your denture will not be loaded after surgery. You will get a Temporary Denture during the healing period. If you come for an extended period of time we can manufacture a PMMA Bridge restoration as a temporary for your case at no additional cost, We would need 14 days to able to do this, if not the minimum is 7 days for the Surgical Phase (1st Phase) of the treatment.
Misleading information on the internet makes it seem like Teeth in a Day are done with the Final Restoration right after surgery. In the following months after your surgery the tissue around the implants will start healing and changing, This is why these All on 4 Procedures are always done in Two Trips especially when traveling abroad.
On your second trip once everything is healed (Implants integrated / Soft tissue healed) you will come back for the Final Restoration. This trip is 6 months after the Surgical Phase of this treatment.
Here we have 3 Options for your Fixed Restoration:
Why get All on 4 in Mexico
- Experience, expertise and innovation of All On 4 more than 10,000 Treatments (visit our Before and After page).
- U.S. Licensed Dentist and Specialists in each area of Dentistry (visit Our Doctors page).
- Zirconia Implant Bridge – Prettau Full Arch Best Restoration Available (Prettau Zirconia Bridge).
- Largest Most Equip Clinic in Mexico, Not an Assembly line a Center of Excellence (3D Tour of Our Facilities).
- Protocols and Streamlined Processes for successful treatment in short time frames.
- Solutions for All Budgets and Cases.
- Written Guarantee and Warranty For Patient (Below).
- Proven success rates in excess of 93% – Full Mouth Implant Treatments.
How we Can Provide an Affordable All on 4 Treatment
We do not charge 3D CBCT X-Rays, Periapical X-Rays, Intra-Oral Scanning, Surgical Guides, Transportation from the airport and hotel in Cancun, Models, Medications, etc. These treatments require a State of the Art Facility with specific technologies to do them accurately in short time frames. If you are thinking about going abroad you must realize that not all facilities have the inventory, kits, implants, equipment, protocols, 3D CBCT imaging, Surgical Guides to accurately provide these treatments.
Here at Cancun Dental Specialists we have the following equipment, technologies, apart from our dentist vast knowledge on these treatments:
- 3D CBCT X-Ray (Kodak 9300) – Allowing us to accurately see all anatomic areas and bone quality and plan implant positions correctly
- 3D Intraoral Scanner (Carestream CS 3600) – Allowing us to take impression by scanning patients mouth instead of the traditional “putty” impressions.
- Implant Planning Software – Here we use a couple brands Nobel Guide, Blue Sky Bio, OnDemand, Dental Imaging.
- Surgical Guides – Using our 3-D Printers, 3D CBCT and Implant Planning software we can make surgical guides for a predictable outcome for implant surgeries.
- CAD/CAM Dental Laboratory – Our Dental Lab is the best equipped Lab in all of Mexico. We can scan, mill, print in almost all dental materials, from a Titanium Milled CAD/CAM Bar for your Fixed Hybrid Denture or a Prettau Zirconia Superstructure.
The All on 4 Treatment is a great way to deal with Full Arch / Full Mouth Restoration cases, in either edentulous patients or patients getting full arch extractions we place a total of 4 dental implants. Sometimes more implants might be recommendable this all depends on the quality of bone you have. If you have been wearing dentures for a long time, untreated infections, missing teeth, extensive periodontal disease you might have low bone quality. Contact us and send us X-Rays to correctly diagnose your case. After you have your 4 implants placed you will get a full arch restoration commonly called as a Fixed Hybrid Denture. Please continue reading for a better explanation of restorations available, costs, treatment variations like 4 in 1, all on 5, all on 6, overdentures, snap-ons, full mouth restorations.
There are many options to your treatment and we want to do which ever is best for you !
Step by Step (Surgical Phase)
- Oral and systemic health assessment
- Facial esthetic evaluation
- X-Rays, Panoramic, 3D CBCT Scan (must for these Treatment all equipment In-House)
- Wax-up (important for a aesthetic outcome for your Implant Treatment)
- Informed consent (copy located at the bottom of page)
- Treatment Options (Restoration Materials, Implants)
- Treatment Alternatives (savings your Teeth?, Snap On Dentures, All on 6)
- Our Specialists always plan these cases with the most advanced Implant Planning Softwares
- Instruction and motivation on maintaining a proper oral hygiene (antibacterial mouthwash, such as Chlorhexidine 0.12%, is recommended)
- Record of maxillomandibular relations and occlusion
- Impression used for fabricating the provisional prosthesis
- Surgical template (guide) 3-D Printed in-office
- Medication – antibiotics and sometimes sedatives
- Local anaesthesia is always required – No Cost
- Conscious Sedation is recommended for these procedures – Certified Anesthesiologist $500 USD
- Pill Sedation – No Cost
- Choose what option is best for you
- Teeth extraction, bone leveling (Aveloplasty), removal of infected tissue
- Alveolectomy, when ridge crest is displayed during smiling
- Bone grafting procedures
- Implant number, position and design (diameter, length)
- Usually, first the mesial implants are placed and last the distal implants
- All on 4, All on 5, All on 6, All on 8
- Exposure of implant site – flap or flapless technique
- Bone grafting (socket grafting, with autograft and synthetic alternatives, with or without membrane)
- Abutments selection (angulation)
- Impression and record of maxillomandibular relationship
- Design – dental arch length (number of teeth, usually 12 per Arch)
- Materials – Acrylic or PMMA
- Radiological exam
- Instructions for oral hygiene, diet (soft diet, for at least 10 weeks) and medication (antibiotics, analgesic drugs)
- Informing about the need to make an appointment if bleeding, pain, implant mobility, detachment or damage of the prosthesis occur
- Establishing the next appointment
- Design – dental arch length (number of teeth, usage of cantilever extremities) occlusion scheme, fixation type as occlusal screw-retained
- Regular check-ups
- Addressing complications
All on 4 Treatment Variations
There are many ways of treating patients depending on budget, preferences, medical conditions, doctor’s opinion, bone quality, infections, treatment lengths.
Here is a list of possible other treatments that might be a good solution for you. We have a dedicated page to each type of treatment so you can learn the difference it mostly consists of how many implant will be placed and how they will be restored:
What Implants do we use
The All on 4 is a patented Dental Implant Technique by Nobel Biocare®, it consists of placing 4 Angled Implants and a Implant Bar or Bridge for the restoration.
Finding the right Clinic for this treatment can be challenging, especially if it’s not in your home town or country, Clinic abroad can mislead you thru internet research. We don’t! We believe in Honesty, Quality and Excellence to all our patients. All on 4 Treatment are complex high risk are not to be done by any regular Dentist.
A couple things to keep into consideration when choosing a Clinic abroad for you All on 4 Treatment in Mexico are the following:
Dr. Irma Gavaldon D.D.S. M.S. A.E.G.D. is a graduate from two of the top Dental Schools in North America. She is a Graduate from U.N.A.M. Mexico’s Top University (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México), and she also reieved her A.E.G.D. (Advanced Educat in General Dentistry) from the University of Michigan a Two-years Program and her Master’s Degree in Restorative Dentistry also from the University of Michigan.
Equipment and Technology
In order to be able to diagnose, plan and execute this treatment correctly Dental Offices need the following Equipment: 3D CBCT ExtraOral Panoramic X-Ray machine, (here at our Office we have a Carestream CS 9200 3D Machine), Intraoral Scanners, totally equipped CAD/CAM Laboratory.
Guarantee, Warantee and Comunication
Cancun Dental Specialists offers all three, we have Patient Coordinators that will work with you the whole process of your Dental Vacation in Mexico. Communation is crucial to a healthy patient clinic relationship, feel free to contact us by clicking here or Calling our 1 888 231 8041 for an inmediate response.
Quality, Material, Sterilzation
This is a huge factor to take into consideration when choosing a clinic abroad. Most Clinics abroad will offer inexpensive Dental Implants brands, we offer only Nobel Biocare® Dental Implants for the All on 4 Procedure. In regards to the restorative phase, we are the only Clinic able to mill in house Titanium Superstructure for Porcelain Layering, other Clinics Cast metals that are not Titanium either NiCr or CrCo, we are also one of the only Clinic to be able to mill in house Zirconium Super structures, for Implant Retained Restorations.
Contact our Dental Clinic in Cancun to know more about
why we are your best option for your future All on 4 Treatment.
The All on 4 Technique allows patient to receive a Fixed Bridge (Non-Removable bridges) on just 4 Dental Implants. Virtually all denture patients, patients with extensive periodontal disease, those with failing restorative bridge and crown work, people who have been in an accident can take advantage of this treatment.
Please note that this Dental Implant treatment is a two-stage process and requires two visits. The first visit is for the Surgical Phase of the Implants. If you need extractions, Bone Grafting, Dentures all this will be done on the first visit. Patient that currently wear dentures need to come for at least 7 Days for the first trip, if you are getting extractions plan your trip for at least 9 Days in Cancun. Please contact one of our Patient Coordinators for exact information on your case.
For the second stage of the Dental Implants you would come back for the Fixed Non-Removable screw- retained restoration. This will either be a CAD/CAM Titanium Bar with High Impact Acrylic Teeth or a Zirconium Superstructure with Inserts From 10 – 14 Units. Please note we are the only Clinic in the southeast region of Mexico (Yucatan and Quintana Roo) to have a CAD/CAM System that mills Titanium and is able to fabricate Prettau Superstructures as well as the inserts and abutments.
In the United States the average price for an All on 4 procedures would be $20,000 USD to $30,000 USD per arch with the price for the entire mouth being close to $60,000 USD. In Mexico, however, you can get an all on 4 procedures for $12,500 USD which would guarantee a saving of $7,500 USD per arch, usually double savings of about $30,000 USD for both upper and lower. There are many important factors when thinking of getting this treatment and especially abroad. We will cover 5 Important Factors that you should consider when choosing a dentist for an All on 4 Procedure in Mexico. The All on 4 Treatment in Mexico is often referred to as well as Fixed Hybrid Dentures, All on 6 Implants, Overdentures or Fixed Zirconium Superstructures all having the same results changing in some aspect. The 5 factors we will cover will be Technology, Quality, Certification / Training, Costs and Risks. After reading this article you should have a clear idea of what to look for when choosing a clinic abroad.
The use of Digital Technologies over the past decades have become increasingly better, faster, and more accurate. With more and more dental companies releasing new products like scanners, 3D CBCT, intraoral scanner, extraoral scanners, lasers etc. Digital workflows in dentistry have simplified the process, reduced costs and cut treatment times. This is very important when choosing a clinic abroad, although these treatments can still be done without these technologies, we highly advise that you choose a clinic with all these technologies.
This is the comparison between a well-equipped Clinic and your Average Dental Clinic Abroad. Cancun Dental Specialists is one of our featured clinics has all these: Microscope, Biolase Waterlase i-Plus, CAD/CAM Laboratory (Porcelain Ovens – Porcelain Bake, Porcelain Press -, Sintering Ovens, Sirona Infire, Roland DWX50, Roland DWX30, Medit Hybrid, Open Technologies, ExoCad, Sum3D, Dental Wings, Acrilic Injection, Stone Mixer, Dyamach DT2, Dyamach FZ2, Projet 3500 HD 3D Printer), Electrical HandPiece, Electrobisturi, PFM Centrifuge, CBCT 3-D Imaging, Intraoral Scanning CS3600 Carestream, State of the Art Sterilization , 3-D Printed Guided Surgery for Dental Implants, Blue Sky Bio, ISQ de Ostell, Digital X-Rays, Intra Oral Imaging.
Another important factor when choosing a dentist for your All on 4 Procedure in Mexico is Quality. By quality we mean in terms of material not technique. The quality of the technique depends on the surgeons ability and the technologies or tools he has to better his abilities. The materials used in the All on 4 procedure are the following: Implants and Implant components, Acrylic, Dental Cements, Titanium, Porcelain and Zirconium. Depending on what type of restoration you will get could deffer on the materials used. The All on 4 Technique, many clinics / doctors haven’t adopted the technology.
All on 4 before coming to Cancun Pre Ops
Inform yourself on steps to take for a successful outcome, please read the full instructions, CDS thanks you in advanced for being an informed patient.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
Smoking and Dental Implants don’t go together. Why did you lose your teeth/tooth in the first place. We know smoking can be difficult to quit but we insist that patients stop smoking at least 3 weeks prior to their Dental Implants. In rare cases we might ask you to quit sooner. Smoking can interfere with healing by constricting and decreasing blood flow all over the body which may prevent the wound from healing properly. Do not resume smoking after surgery until you are given permission by our Dental Surgeon.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
We know you will be on vacation and the all-inclusive bar might be tempting. Please try and stay away from alcohol consumption for a minimum of 5 days prior to your procedure. Alcohol causes increased bleeding, increases the chances of infection, depresses immune functions and may interfere with wound healing.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY (over-the-counter and prescribed)
Please check with your Physician about suspending any medication prior to arrival.
You will be instructed by your surgeon or patient counselor to temporarily discontinue certain medications in the weeks ahead.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
It is important that you maintain a healthy diet. You will be on a soft mechanical diet or some form of a modified diet tailored to your surgery. It is important that you follow these instructions! It is a good idea to stock up on protein supplements like BOOST or Ensure. Various softer foods like well cooked pastas, eggs, soup/broths, and yogurt are also good ideas. We will provide you with a list of dietary suggestions in your post-op packet as well.
2 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
- All products including the drugs listed on the enclosed insert.
- All anti-inflammatory drugs used for arthritis. (Please consult your physician prior to discontinuing).
- All anti-coagulants.
- Vitamin E taken internally.
- If a medication is in question, call our office nurse.
2 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
- Take a Multivitamin tablet daily. Most multivitamins contain some form of vitamin E, however this is acceptable to take prior to surgery. We do ask that you refrain from taking additional vitamin E.
- Take Vitamin A – 8,000-10,000 units, twice a day. This has well-documented beneficial effects on surgical healing and will also fuel your immune system.
- Take Vitamin C – 1,000 mg., twice a day. This is essential for collagen synthesis, which is part of normal wound healing. Your need for Vitamin C will increase after surgery.
- Take Pineapple enzyme (from a health food store), twice a day This helps to relieve the swelling associated with surgery. This anti-inflammatory promotes healing.
1 week BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER procedure
- Eat healthy, regular meals.
- Eat 2 fruits and 3 green vegetables daily (per diet instructions).
- Eat a small amount of protein at each meal.
1 WEEK BEFORE SURGERY
- You may begin taking topical anti inflammatory
- Take every 8 hours as directed and continue for 10 days.
- Continue taking Pineapple enzyme as directed every 12 hours between meals. This anti-inflammatory promotes healing. As an alternative, eat fresh pineapple.
All on 4 Post Op Instructions
Please select a topic in order to see details.
Standards of good oral hygiene are critical for the success and functionality of the implants and restoration. The best way to prevent infection and ensure healing is to keep your mouth clean. Clean your mouth thoroughly after each meal beginning the day after surgery. Use a soft bristle toothbrush and toothpaste after meals and at bedtime. Use of a dental waterpik is highly recommended to irrigate underneath the denture to flush out debris.
Minimal bleeding is expected after this implant procedure. The best way to stop bleeding is to place a damp piece of gauze in the mouth and gently bite for 30 minutes. Rest quietly with your head elevated. If bleeding continues, use gauze for an additional 30 minutes. Pink or blood-tinged saliva may be seen for 2-3 days following the surgery and does not indicate a problem. Suture material may last 2 to 3 weeks and should be left alone. You will be asked to return to the office for a 2 week follow-up appointment. Any sutures remaining at that time may be removed at the surgeon’s discretion. Do not pull or cut the sutures yourself.
Swelling is the body’s normal reaction to surgery and healing. The swelling will not become apparent until 24 hours after surgery and will not reach its peak for 2-3 days. After this time, the swelling should decrease but may persist for 7-10 days. Swelling may be minimized by the immediate use of ice packs. Apply the ice packs to the outside of the face 20 minutes on and then 20 minutes off while awake for the first 24 hours.
Unfortunately, most oral surgery is accompanied by some degree of discomfort. If you do not have an allergy to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications we recommend taking this prior to the local anesthetic wearing off. More severe pain may require a narcotic pain medication. Narcotic pain medication will make you drowsy, do not drive or operate mechanical machinery while taking the prescription. You may also be prescribed an antibacterial mouth rinse which should be used twice daily in the first two weeks following implant surgery. Post-operative antibiotics should be taken as directed and always take entire course of the prescription. All medications should not exceed the recommended dosage.
After General anesthetic or I.V. sedation, start with liquids. While numb, patients should avoid hot liquids or foods. Your food intake will be limited for the first few days, compensate for this by increasing your fluid intake. We recommend high protein shakes/smoothies (Ensure, Special K, etc.) as meal replacement supplements. Patients are restricted to a SOFT CHEW diet for the first 6 weeks… if food cannot be easily cut with a fork… DO NOT eat it!
For the first 48 hours you should rest and relax with no physical activity. After 48 hours, you may resume activity as tolerated.
- Ice Cream
- Scrambled Eggs
- Cream of Wheat / Oatmeal
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cottage Cheese
- Ice Chips
- Smoothies / Protein Shakes
Add Soft Foods When Numbness is Gone / Increase Diet as Tolerated
- If the corners of your mouth are stretched, they may dry and crack. Your lips should be kept moist with an ointment such as Vaseline.
- Sore throats and pain when swallowing are not uncommon. The muscles get swollen and the normal act of swallowing can become painful. This will subside in 2 to 3 days.
- Stiffness of the jaw muscles may cause difficulty in opening your mouth for a few days. Do not force your mouth open. Massage the muscles and apply moist heat.
- With upper jaw implant treatment, you may develop bleeding from the nose. This is usually a temporary finding and will not persist past 2 to 3 days. Avoid blowing your nose for several days.
- An appointment with your general dentist may be needed within a few days of surgery to make any adjustments to your temporary denture.
- Your case is individual as no two mouths are alike. Discuss all questions or concerns with your oral surgeon or implant coordinator.
Dental Implants Guarantee
Lifetime Dental Implant
If a Dental Implant fails, we will replace it at no charge. The following situations are causes of exclusion in guarantee:
- Patients with previous infections in that area.
- Smokers, Uncontrolled systemic health problem, such as, but not limited to; Diabetes, autoimmune disorders, severe osteoporosis, or any condition required long steroid use. If smoking or a medical condition is suspected as the cause of implant failure or other complication that requires treatment, an examination and blood tests will be required for warranty to apply.
- Patients that don’t come for minimum of 7 Days surgical phase and 10 Days Restorative Phase
- Patients that defamation line us online
- Patients that didn’t have the maintenance done yearly
- Prefabricated Teeth Popping off (Fixed Hybrid Acrilic)
- Restorations done elsewhere
- Implants placed elsewhere
- Payment of Full cost of Treatment with no discounts equal to 10% of the treatment
- Patient come back at least once to have their Restoration maintained and checked
We do not cover Flight and Airfare.
I would recommend 100% Guarantee against component failure. That liability rests with my selection of manufacturer.
In order to keep this guarantee in effect, you must agree to the following:
- You will allow us to perform the necessary therapy, in conjunction with your restorative dentist, to eliminate your oral health problems, and restore your bite.
- If it is determined that you “clench” or “grind” your teeth, you will allow your restorative dentist or us to fabricate a bite appliance for you.
- You will wear any necessary bite appliance as prescribed.
- You will be faithful to the checkup and cleaning schedule which your restorative dentist and we feel is most appropriate to ensure your long term oral health.
- You will not smoke. This implant warranty is void for smokers.
If you agree to and abide by the provisions of this warranty, the warranty will remain in effect for your lifetime. However, should you violate one of the provisions listed above, the warranty will be void.
A lifetime guarantee cannot be offered on implant supported overdentures or hybrid or fixed bridgework, as such prostheses often require replacement of worn teeth over time. Tooth replacement in these instances does not require implant removal or replacement.
Dental implant is not fit and forget and is affected by the home care, the health of the surrounding tissue and the prognosis of the remaining dentition. Yearly inspection is necessary. For the peace of mind, patients can take out private dental insurance cover for the implant treatment for the first few years. After 5 years, the chance of failure is very remote. My own implant has been in function for 20 years !
Dentists are not likely to do something which are going to fail! I can only tell my patients that the implant treatment will be carried out with my best ability, using the current knowledge and technology. But with the biologic and science, we are always dealing with probability and there is always a chance of failure, no matter how small.
All on 4 Contraindications
This treatment alternative basically has the same contraindications as all Implant based restorations, mainly in relation to the risks associated to surgical procedures. Even so, there are few absolute contraindications (e.g., recent myocardial infarction, stroke, cardiovascular surgery, and transplant; profound immunosuppression; radiotherapy or bisphosphonate use), the degree of disease-control being far more important than the nature of systemic disorder itself . Additionally, there are complications or behavioral aspects that may increase the treatment failure or complication rate, which should be acknowledged (e.g., diabetes, oral hygiene status, smoking, decreased frequency of using the dental services).
Using this specific treatment concept is limited to cases with severe ridge resorption in the anterior region of the jaws, in patients for whom extensive bone grafting procedures are not an option.
Some serious general conditions make anesthesia, surgical procedures and the overall placement inadvisable.
- Heart diseases affecting the valves, recent infarcts, severe cardiac insufficiency, cardiomyopathy
- Active cancer, certain bone diseases (osteomalacia, Paget’s disease, brittle bones syndrome, etc.)
- Certain immunological diseases, immunosuppressant treatments, clinical AIDS, awaiting an organ transplant
- Certain mental diseases
- Strongly irradiated jaw bones (radiotherapy treatment)
- Treatments of osteoporosis or some cancers by bisphosphonates
Other situations will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Most often, dental implants can only be placed (with the greatest caution) after some preliminary treatments.
- Angina pectoris (angina)
- Significant consumption of tobacco
- Certain mental diseases
- Certain auto-immunes diseases
- Drug and alcohol dependency
- Children: not before the jaw bones have stopped growing (in general 17-18 years).
- On the other hand, advanced age does not pose problems if the patient’s general condition is good.
Some conditions or physiological changes, usually inside the mouth cavity, may temporarily prevent the placement of dental implants. Most of the times, these conditions can be remedied before the implants are inserted in the jawbone.
There is insufficient bone to support the implants or bone structure is inadequate (due to some chronic infections or other conditions). To ensure a good prognosis, a dental implant must be surrounded by healthy bone tissue.
A dental implant must be surrounded by healthy bone tissue (with red)
Important anatomical structures such as the maxillary sinus, the inferior alveolar nerve (located inside the mandible), have an abnormal position that can interfere with the dental implants.
Lowering of the maxillary sinus
Adjunctive surgical procedures have to be performed before the placement of dental implants. These procedures aim to increase the amount of bone, so more bone is available to support the implants.
- Some local diseases of the oral mucosa or alveolar bone can temporarily prevent the placement of dental implants until the conditions are treated.
- Hypersensitivity or other allergic reactions ; rarely occurs.
- Poor oral hygiene.
- Bruxism or involuntary grinding of the teeth.
All on 4 Complications
Surgical Complications – Interim Prosthesis – Final Restoration
This treatment option basically has the same complications with any immediately loaded fixed implant prosthesis. Some aspects, mainly related to Sky Fast & Fixed particularities will be highlighted.
The acrylic interim prosthesis can fracture, this occurring mainly after the ten week period of recommendation of eating soft diet, when patients fell confident to chew harder food. If unmanaged, it can lead to implant failure, due to the alteration of the splinting process. Therefore, the interim prosthesis should not be reinforced, because it may mask the fracture and delay the patient’s addressing to the dental office.
If chipping of the ceramic of the definitive prosthesis occurs, this being a relative frequent complication, the interim prosthesis can be used for the time needed for laboratory repairing.
One important risk factor for all implant prosthesis, including this treatment option, that is linked to sometimes severe complications, is the correctness of the registration of maxillomandibular relations (respecting the coincidence of maximal intercuspal position and centric relation, and the functional vertical dimension of occlusion). Acknowledging that, in a dentate patient with posterior occluding teeth it is recommended their preservation until after the interim prosthesis is manufactured, in order to ensure a correct registration.
Our Implant Warranty
Our implant success rates are so predictable that we can offer an unprecedented 5 year implant warranty (some conditions and limitations do apply).
5 year dental implant warranty program *
Your Implant will work or we will remove it and replace it – absolutely free.
Many surgeons will offer this courtesy, but few will do so in writing. In addition, in those rare instances when an implant does fail, corrective surgery such as bone and/or soft tissue grafting is often needed. Most surgeons will charge extra for this service, even though the cause of the failure is commonly due to their own surgical error. If we have to remove one of our implants, not only will we replace is absolutely free, but any corrective procedures required will also be performed at no cost.
Your Implant will remain healthy and functional for 5 years or we will fix it – absolutely free.
Although uncommon, implants can develop problems. This includes loss of bone or gum because of uncontrolled gum disease, overload, or other reasons.
Conditions and Limitations*
If an implant fails to integrate we will replace it at no cost, one time only. An annual implant examination including x-rays or regular dental cleanings in our office is an absolute requirement for this warranty to apply. This warranty does not apply to smokers or to persons who have, or who develop, an uncontrolled systemic health problem, such as, but not limited to, diabetes, autoimmune disorders, severe osteoporosis, or any condition requiring long term steroid use. This warranty does not apply if an implant has failed due to an accident (car accident, etc). If smoking or a medical condition is suspected as the cause of implant failure or other complication that requires treatment, a medical examination and appropriate blood tests will be required for this warranty to apply.
Dental Clinic will have a written policy or offer a guarantee on it’s work. We do it because we believe you are making the choice of a reputable clinic that will guarantee our work. We want you to feel our treatment is worth what you are investing.
Our initial treatment plan is aiming for a long term cure of past dental problems. Cancun Dental Specialists will guarantee our work as follows:
Fixed restorations: 5 years.
Terms of the Dental Guarantee: We request the patient notify us in Email as soon as they are aware of a dental situation occurring. Cancun Dental Specialists requests that patients return to the Clinic for annual dental check-up during the guarantee period. If this is not possible the patient should visit a local dentist for an exam and cleaning once a year during the guarantee period.
Implant Dental Guarantee: We will guarantee our implants 100% for a period of 10 years. Our success rate is near 100% it is lower for cases involving extensive bone grafting. Our dental surgeon will discuss your case with you and provide some understanding because a cases may be less than 100% when the following occurs:
- Extensive bone grafting required
- Immune disease, diabetes, several bone condition
- Undiscovered health issues such as high cholesterol or insufficient insulin
We will make a thorough assessment for you.
We do require that the implant to implant teeth should:
- Consider use of metal surfaces to prevent fracture of ceramic
- Have a bitesplint made to protect crowns from ceramic fracture during the night
All-on-4 Zirconia: Limited Lifetime *
During the dental implant warranty term of your prosthesis, we will replace or repair, free-of-charge, any break, crack, fracture, flaw in workmanship or porcelain de-bonding (if applicable).
However, we will not repair or replace the prosthesis, free-of-charge, due to any of the following: loss, discoloration, excessive wear (for example, excessive grinding of teeth), inappropriate use (for example, any use not prescribed by the Prothodontist), neglect or abuse. Defects or damages resulting from any service adjustments or alterations of your prosthesis by someone other than an authorized TurningPoint representative, are excluded from coverage under our dental implant warranty agreement and will render it null and void.
* Lifetime of the patient. In the event the product is discontinued by either TurningPoint and/or its suppliers, the limited lifetime warranty shall apply for a period of 10 years after the announcement that the product has been discontinued.
All-on-4 Acrylic: 2-Year Warranty
During the 2-Year dental implant warranty term of your denture or acrylic bridge, we will repair, free-of-charge, any break, crack or fracture, or replace free of charge, any tooth loss due to flaw in workmanship.
However, we will not reconstruct, repair, reline or replace the denture or acrylic bridge, free-of-charge, due to any of the following: loss, discoloration, excessive wear (for example, excessive grinding of teeth), inappropriate use (for example, any use not prescribed by the Prothodontist), neglect or abuse. Defects or damages resulting from any service adjustments or alterations of your denture or acrylic bridge by someone other than an authorized representative, are excluded from coverage under our dental implant warranty agreement and will render it null and void.
Implanted Supported Treatment Alternatives
All on 6 / All on 8
Some cases require more stability. In cases were we can place more Implants an All on 6 or all on 8 solution might be ideal for the patient. All on 6 Solution is the ideal treatment if the bone permits two more implants we highly recommend patients get them.
We use the Bicon System of Short Implants in order to take advantage of minimal bone levels and avoid vital structures such as the sinus or mental foramen, which usually require multiple visits.
Zygomatic Implants are Implants that are much longer in length than conventional Implants (40 mm – 50 mm), and are placed in the dense Zygoma bone or otherwise known as the cheekbone. The advantage of using Zygomatic Implants is that it eliminates the need for procedures like ridge augmentation (Bone Grafting) and/or Sinus Lifting, which would require more surgery and longer healing periods before the placement of the final restoration.
Mini Dental Implants in Mexico are a great option for patients that are not candidates for normal Implants. It is also a great option for the Snap on Dentures Treatment we offer. The Snap on Dentures treatment in Mexico is a one-trip solution were we will place either 4-8 Mini Implants and a Snap on Denture.