Complete Guide to
Zirconia Dental Implants Mexico
Hereâ€™s is a Guide to getting yourÂ Zirconia Dental Implants with Cancun Dental Specialists. Most aspects of your Dental vacation will be covered. Please call in and let us know more about your caseÂ 1 800 278 3215. In order to give you correct information pertaining to your case, we would need your Medical History, X-Rays, Treatment Plan if available, if not Contact our Dental Coordinator before coming to Cancun. Below are the most frequently asked questions on pricing, treatment scenarios, aftercare. Please read it so that you are well informed of how we provide the Zirconia Dental Implants for you and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Zirconia Implants Glossary
Zirconia Implants are the choice of Implants for patients seeking a Holistic approach to Implant placement, for patients with allergies to Titanium or for patients who are planning to place Implants in the aesthetic zone of the upper jaw (normally from Canine to Canine or within the smile profile).
Although Zirconia has not been on the market as long as Titanium Implants, studies showing the high osseointegration rates makes Zirconia Implants a great alternative to traditional Implants. In the aesthetic zone Zirconia Implants are ideal due to itâ€™s natural white color, as well as the fact that Zirconia interacts better with the gingival tissues than Titanium. Leaving less probability of early gum recession in that area, etc.
With Zirconia Implants there is no need to worry long term about any grey areas or shadows showing beneath the Crowns, because the actual color of Zirconia is white. Zirconia Implants can come in 1 or 2 pieces depending on the brand used.
Zirconia Dental Implants Before and Afters
Have a vacation and Save money on your Zirconia Dental Implants Treatment
Affordable Zirconia Dental Implants without compromise
Zirconia Dental Implants Cost
|1 piece Zirconia Implant (Placement of 1 Zirconia Dental Implant by Z-Systems)
Zirconia Implant + Abutment
|2 Piece Zirconia Implant included cemented Abutment (Placement of 1 Zirconia Dental Implant by Z-Systems)
|1 Zirconia Crown
(Zirconia Crown Over Implant)
Zirconia Dental Implants Cost Comparison
7 Reasons You Might Choose
Metal-free Zirconia Dental Implants
Best Holistic Option for Patients
Ceramic Implants are made from Zirconiaâ€”a biocompatible, ceramic material that fosters complete assimilation into jaw bone.
Optimal osseointegration of Zirconia Implants without any signs of inflammation or foreign body rejection. Other scientists have also reportedÂ that zirconia is an ideal material for dental implants.
Ceramic Dental Implants are an ideal choice for a Smile you want to show off. Titanium Implants can show through the gums, where metal-free implants look like natural teeth and integrate with the body naturally.
- The white color of Ceramic Implants provides a more natural and aesthetic result for a beautiful smile when compared to metal implants.
- Receding gums will expose portions of the metal implant causing the surrounding gumline to appear blue or gray.
- Gums heal extremely well around ceramic implants compared to metal implants that have 20% less blood flow than natural teeth.
Traditional Titanium Implant Systems consist of two metal components (the implant thatâ€™s lodged into the jaw and the abutment that sits above the gumline) joined together with a fixation screw. Micro-movement can occur where these pieces meet when under the extreme pressure of chewing, thus creating warm, moist places where anaerobic bacteria have an opportunity to colonize. Itâ€™s a perfect setup for an unfortunate cascade of events to follow: the bacteria release toxins, inducing inflammation around the implant, which can eventually lead to bone loss and the possibility of implant failure.
Over the past decades, more ceramic components have been incorporated into dentistry due to their clinically proven strength and aesthetic benefits. Not only is there a trend to include all-ceramic crowns and implant abutments in treatment plans, but the implant itself is now available in a one-piece design made from biocompatible zirconia.
Zirconia Implants are hypoallergenic, which is not the case with metal implants. Surprisingly, many cases of titanium implant sensitivity show up years after surgery when itchiness and inflammation develop around implant sites. Itâ€™s a perfect setup for bone loss and the potential failure of an implant.
Today, thereâ€™s a growing number of people who have allergies, skin sensitivities and compromised immune systems; therefore implantation of metal devices should be seriously scrutinized beforehand, especially since the removal of a titanium implant from jaw bone is not a simple procedure.
The long-term success of Ceramic Implants is one of the most important features of this innovative system. Designed to withstand tremendous masticatory forces, CeraRoot zirconia implants mimic the best of nature with a variety of tooth-like contours and bioinert composition. Zirconia is well known for its durability and inflexibility under pressureâ€¦an excellent combination of traits for dental devices.
Overall, Zirconia Implant Patients experience a shorter implant process, along with the potential for a significant increase in comfort and function afterward due to biocompatibility and the strength of Zirconia.
Zirconia is biocompatible material that is resistant to chemical corrosion, nor will it conduct electricity or heat. As a bioinert material, it will never trigger chemical reactions, migrate to other sites in the body or interfere with the maintenance of optimal oral health.
Titanium is another story. Itâ€™s been scientifically proven that a titanium implant will corrode in the wet environment of a mouth, especially if there is more than one metal in the vicinity (such as amalgam fillings, alloy metal crowns, bridges or gold onlays / inlays) to trigger reactions. Metal corrosion is even more active in the presence of fluoride that is free flowing in some water supplies, toothpastes and mouthwashes. It literally attacks the surface of the titanium implants.
What Materials do we use
Zirconia has already been used over 40 years for industrial purposes. It is exceptionally durable and 100% biocompatible. For these reasons it is used increasingly in surgery for ear-, fi nger- and hip prostheses. Applications for dentistry are found in zirconia pins, crowns, bridges and implants. The materialâ€™s natural white base allows individual colouring in prescribed dentin shades. The biotechnical characteristics of zirconia result in high quality crowns, bridges and implants with excellent biocompatibility and aesthetic appearance.
Dr. Irma Gavaldon D.D.S. M.S. A.E.G.D. is a graduate from two of the top Dental Schools in North America. She is a Graduate from U.N.A.M. Mexico’s Top University (Universidad Nacional AutĂłnoma de MĂ©xico), and she also reieved her A.E.G.D. (Advanced Educat in General Dentistry) from the University of Michigan a Two-years Program and her Master’s Degree in Restorative Dentistry also from the University of Michigan.
Equipment and Technology
In order to be able to diagnose, plan and execute this treatment correctly Dental Offices need the following Equipment: 3D CBCT ExtraOral Panoramic X-Ray machine, (here at our Office we have a Carestream CS 9200 3D Machine), Intraoral Scanners, totally equipped CAD/CAM Laboratory.
Guarantee, Warantee and Comunication
Cancun Dental Specialists offers all three, we have Patient Coordinators that will work with you the whole process of your Dental Vacation in Mexico. Communation is crucial to a healthy patient clinic relationship, feel free to contact us by clicking here or Calling our 1 800 278 3215 for an inmediate response.
Zirconia implantsÂ can be ideal for people who have thinner gingival tissues, and they may be a good solution for people who wish to have a metal-free dental implant. Also, it is extremely rare for people to have allergies to titanium dental implants. However, some people may be sensitive to other metals present in the alloy and could have concerns about having any type of metal in their body. The natural white colour of zirconia is aesthetically appealing, and zirconia implants can help preserve the bone and promote better gingival health. Gum tissue around ceramic materials tends to be healthier, largely because zirconia is inert and doesnâ€™t corrode. One study assessing Straumann ceramic implants in animals found a reduced pocket depth and higher soft tissue attachment compared to an ordinary titanium implant.
The first zirconia dental implants were a one-piece design which, although hygienic and good for soft tissue health, meant they could not heal underneath the gums. The one-piece design could create problems if chair-side adjustments were required. While zirconia is a very strong material when subjected to compressive forces, its elasticity is quite low. If adjustment is needed, this could lead to the formation of micro-cracks that may ultimately cause the failure of the dental implant. Where a small diameter implant is used, low elasticity might cause problems as the possibility of the implant fracturing may increase. Top implant manufacturers have designed and produced implants to mitigate these risks using high-performance zirconia (Y-TZP). Two-piece zirconia dental implants are now available, making it easier for these dental implants to be left undisturbed while osseointegration is completed. This also allows abutments to be customised, all without compromising the strength of the implant.
Zirconia Dental Implants Treatment Alternatives
Titanium has the best osseo integration rates in Implant Dentistry and have years of studies showing positive results. Titanium Implants used in our practice include: Straumann, Nobel Biocare, Bicon, MIS, amongst others. A full evaluation including 3D X-Rays will determine which brand and size would be best for your case.
Zirconia Implants before coming to Cancun Pre Ops
Inform yourself on steps to take for a successful outcome, please read the full instructions, CDS thanks you in advanced for being an informed patient.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
Smoking and Dental Implants don’t go together. Why did you lose your teeth/tooth in the first place. We know smoking can be difficult to quit but we insist that patients stop smoking at least 3 weeks prior to their Dental Implants. In rare cases we might ask you to quit sooner. Smoking can interfere with healing by constricting and decreasing blood flow all over the body which may prevent the wound from healing properly. Do not resume smoking after surgery until you are given permission by our Dental Surgeon.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
We know you will be on vacation and the all-inclusive bar might be tempting. Please try and stay away from alcohol consumption for a minimum of 5 days prior to your procedure. Alcohol causes increased bleeding, increases the chances of infection, depresses immune functions and may interfere with wound healing.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY (over-the-counter and prescribed)
Please check with your Physician about suspending any medication prior to arrival.
You will be instructed by your surgeon or patient counselor to temporarily discontinue certain medications in the weeks ahead.
3 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
It is important that you maintain a healthy diet. You will be on a soft mechanical diet or some form of a modified diet tailored to your surgery. It is important that you follow these instructions! It is a good idea to stock up on protein supplements like BOOST or Ensure. Various softer foods like well cooked pastas, eggs, soup/broths, and yogurt are also good ideas. We will provide you with a list of dietary suggestions in your post-op packet as well.
2 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
- All products including the drugs listed on the enclosed insert.
- All anti-inflammatory drugs used for arthritis. (Please consult your physician prior to discontinuing).
- All anti-coagulants.
- Vitamin E taken internally.
- If a medication is in question, call our office nurse.
2 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY
- Take a Multivitamin tablet daily. Most multivitamins contain some form of vitamin E, however this is acceptable to take prior to surgery. We do ask that you refrain from taking additional vitamin E.
- Take Vitamin A â€“ 8,000-10,000 units, twice a day. This has well-documented beneficial effects on surgical healing and will also fuel your immune system.
- Take Vitamin C â€“ 1,000 mg., twice a day. This is essential for collagen synthesis, which is part of normal wound healing. Your need for Vitamin C will increase after surgery.
- Take Pineapple enzyme (from a health food store),Â twice a day This helps to relieve the swelling associated with surgery. This anti-inflammatory promotes healing.
1 week BEFORE until 2 weeks AFTER procedure
- Eat healthy, regular meals.
- Eat 2 fruits and 3 green vegetables daily (per diet instructions).
- Eat a small amount of protein at each meal.
1 WEEK BEFORE SURGERY
- You may begin taking topical anti inflammatory
- Take every 8 hours as directed and continue for 10 days.
- Continue taking Pineapple enzyme as directed every 12 hours between meals. This anti-inflammatory promotes healing. As an alternative, eat fresh pineapple.
Zirconia Implants Post Op Instructions
Please select a topic in order to see details.
Standards of good oral hygiene are critical for the success and functionality of the implants and restoration. The best way to prevent infection and ensure healing is to keep your mouth clean. Clean your mouth thoroughly after each meal beginning the day after surgery. Use a soft bristle toothbrush and toothpaste after meals and at bedtime. Use of a dental waterpik is highly recommended to irrigate underneath the denture to flush out debris.
Minimal bleeding is expected after this implant procedure. The best way to stop bleeding is to place a damp piece of gauze in the mouth and gently bite for 30 minutes. Rest quietly with your head elevated. If bleeding continues, use gauze for an additional 30 minutes. Pink or blood-tinged saliva may be seen for 2-3 days following the surgery and does not indicate a problem. Suture material may last 2 to 3 weeks and should be left alone. You will be asked to return to the office for a 2 week follow-up appointment. Any sutures remaining at that time may be removed at the surgeonâ€™s discretion. Do not pull or cut the sutures yourself.
Swelling is the bodyâ€™s normal reaction to surgery and healing. The swelling will not become apparent until 24 hours after surgery and will not reach its peak for 2-3 days. After this time, the swelling should decrease but may persist for 7-10 days. Swelling may be minimized by the immediate use of ice packs. Apply the ice packs to the outside of the face 20 minutes on and then 20 minutes off while awake for the first 24 hours.
Unfortunately, most oral surgery is accompanied by some degree of discomfort. If you do not have an allergy to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications we recommend taking this prior to the local anesthetic wearing off. More severe pain may require a narcotic pain medication. Narcotic pain medication will make you drowsy, do not drive or operate mechanical machinery while taking the prescription. You may also be prescribed an antibacterial mouth rinse which should be used twice daily in the first two weeks following implant surgery. Post-operative antibiotics should be taken as directed and always take entire course of the prescription. All medications should not exceed the recommended dosage.
After General anesthetic or I.V. sedation, start with liquids. While numb, patients should avoid hot liquids or foods. Your food intake will be limited for the first few days, compensate for this by increasing your fluid intake. We recommend high protein shakes/smoothies (Ensure, Special K, etc.) as meal replacement supplements. Patients are restricted to a SOFT CHEW diet for the first 6 weeksâ€¦ if food cannot be easily cut with a forkâ€¦ DO NOT eat it!
For the first 48 hours you should rest and relax with no physical activity. After 48 hours, you may resume activity as tolerated.
- Ice Cream
- Scrambled Eggs
- Cream of Wheat / Oatmeal
- Mashed Potatoes
- Cottage Cheese
- Ice Chips
- Smoothies / Protein Shakes
Add Soft Foods When Numbness is Gone / Increase Diet as Tolerated
- If the corners of your mouth are stretched, they may dry and crack. Your lips should be kept moist with an ointment such as Vaseline.
- Sore throats and pain when swallowing are not uncommon. The muscles get swollen and the normal act of swallowing can become painful. This will subside in 2 to 3 days.
- Stiffness of the jaw muscles may cause difficulty in opening your mouth for a few days. Do not force your mouth open. Massage the muscles and apply moist heat.
- With upper jaw implant treatment, you may develop bleeding from the nose. This is usually a temporary finding and will not persist past 2 to 3 days. Avoid blowing your nose for several days.
- An appointment with your general dentist may be needed within a few days of surgery to make any adjustments to your temporary denture.
- Your case is individual as no two mouths are alike. Discuss all questions or concerns with your oral surgeon or implant coordinator.
Zirconia Dental ImplantsÂ Guarantee
Lifetime Dental Implant
If a Dental Implant fails, we will replace it at no charge. The following situations are causes of exclusion in guarantee:
- Patients with previous infections in that area.
- Smokers, Uncontrolled systemic health problem, such as, but not limited to; Diabetes, autoimmune disorders, severe osteoporosis, or any condition required long steroid use. If smoking or a medical condition is suspected as the cause of implant failure or other complication that requires treatment, an examination and blood tests will be required for warranty to apply.
- Patients that donâ€™t come for minimum of 7 Days surgical phase and 10 Days Restorative Phase
- Patients that defamation line us online
- Patients that didnâ€™t have the maintenance done yearly
- Prefabricated Teeth Popping off (Fixed Hybrid Acrilic)
- Restorations done elsewhere
- Implants placed elsewhere
- Payment of Full cost of Treatment with no discounts equal to 10% of the treatment
- Patient come back at least once to have their Restoration maintained and checked
- We do not cover Flight and Airfare, Will can cover Hotel at Sotavento, Flamingo, NYX Hotel, Grand Royal Lagoon, BeachScape Kin Ha, Villas Marlin depending on Availability
I would recommend 100% Guarantee against component failure. That liability rests with my selection of manufacturer.
In order to keep this guarantee in effect, you must agree to the following:
- You will allow us to perform the necessary therapy, in conjunction with your restorative dentist, to eliminate your oral health problems, and restore your bite.
- If it is determined that you â€śclenchâ€ť or â€śgrindâ€ť your teeth, you will allow your restorative dentist or us to fabricate a bite appliance for you.
- You will wear any necessary bite appliance as prescribed.
- You will be faithful to the checkup and cleaning schedule which your restorative dentist and we feel is most appropriate to ensure your long term oral health.
- You will not smoke. This implant warranty is void for smokers.
If you agree to and abide by the provisions of this warranty, the warranty will remain in effect for your lifetime. However, should you violate one of the provisions listed above, the warranty will be void.
A lifetime guarantee cannot be offered on implant supported overdentures or hybrid or fixed bridgework, as such prostheses often require replacement of worn teeth over time. Tooth replacement in these instances does not require implant removal or replacement.
Dental implant is not fit and forget and is affected by the home care, the health of the surrounding tissue and the prognosis of the remaining dentition. Yearly inspection is necessary. For the peace of mind, patients can take out private dental insurance cover for the implant treatment for the first few years. After 5 years, the chance of failure is very remote. My own implant has been in function for 20 years !
Dentists are not likely to do something which are going to fail! I can only tell my patients that the implant treatment will be carried out with my best ability, using the current knowledge and technology. But with the biologic and science, we are always dealing with probability and there is always a chance of failure, no matter how small.